Startup Organizations- Struggle to Grow
Getting pulled in all directions and with a sole objective to grow the Business- start-up founders are often struck with the issue of prioritizing their activities. These could range from a variety of tasks to do with:
- Achieving a steady state w.r.t to the product development, adding features and functionalities
- Drawing plans for a various distinctive route to market strategies
- Achieving milestones and creating readiness for the next round of funding etc..
What gets missed out in the process?
Sprucing up the much-needed concentration on strengthening the backbone of Organizational growth.ie, People.
Acquiring best of the talent doesn’t happen just in time, doesn’t happen through references beyond a certain critical mass and certainly not by throwing more money( this neither sustainable or result oriented). In conjunction with the acquisition, is the aspect of holding your existing flock together( retention).
Undoubtedly, every co-founder intends to build the best of the team which they believe is the best, is interviewed and handpicked by them for their DNA, outlook and culture.
This aspect, when unaddressed- leads to the candidate community being unaware of the Organization, doubling of effort and money spent in acquiring the needed talent, offer declines from candidates who are predominantly money minded and not with a sustainable growth/ wealth minded attitude.
What’s the likely answer: Employer Branding!!
This is much akin to a customary branding used to attract Prospects for your business, but with a tweak! Employer branding focuses on showcasing the bests of the Organization to the candidate community.
Branding is a promise to your customer, where are Employer branding is a promise to your current and future Employees!
In an era where perception management holds a key, it is woefully ignorance if an organization misses to brand itself to the candidate community. For, we are lesser known in the market at large, considering our very nature of Business.
Not communicating what – we are, we stand for, a value we bring to customers & Employees alike or for that matter the society at large and last but not the least are we out to do is an inadvertent crime.
What do we do as a part of Employer branding:
We at, Talent GPS help organizations to attract talent rather seamlessly as against the prevalent scenario of seeking a talent. How does this happen:
- Strengthen your social media presence.
- Shout out loud and reach your specific talent amongst the potential candidate community
- Communicate the
- What aspect- we stand for!
- What – we are, we stand for, value we bring to customers & Employees alike or for that matter the society at large
- How aspect-
- How- are we as an Organization, are we different, are we poised to grow
- What aspect- we stand for!
- Create Influencers & Enablers within the Organization & the ecosystem at large( Pool of candidates being sourced, Interviewed & those who have exited.